Garage Floors with Epoxy Coating
The Garage Floor Company in Omaha provides epoxy garage flooring solutions for residential and commercial customers. Compared to other flooring solutions, epoxy is an extremely durable and easy to clean product, making it a viable solution for your garage floor. It also gives your floor a better look as it enhances lighting and is resistant to stains. We stand by our work and guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the results.
Get the Perfect Look
No matter what style preference you may have, we offer a variety of several different colors and styles to give you the floor you’ve always wanted. The resins we use are the best on the market and have long-lasting durability with unique looks. We know you don’t want to wait long before you use your new garage floor, which is why most of our installations only take 1-2 days. The installation process is quick and the curing process is quick, so you’ll be able to use your floor in a matter of days.
Durable Garage Floor Solutions in Omaha
When you work with The Garage Floor Company, you’ll know you’re getting a quality floor that is extremely durable and will provide long-lasting results. Our Omaha area epoxy garage floors are also resistant to UV rays, so you won’t ever have to worry about fading or discoloration over time.
Your flooring options include:
- Chemical resistant urethane coatings
Enhance Your Floor with Decorative Flake
Vinyl Flake is one of our most popular and durable garage flooring options in Omaha. Installing a full broadcast decorative flake will give you the look you want and the durability for long-lasting results. The process involves using a high-build epoxy base coat, a full layer of decorative flake, followed by a clear sealing topcoat. Aside from durability, our Omaha epoxy garage flooring and vinyl flakes provide slip-resistance and is the thickest flooring option that we offer.
Our installation consists of a six-step process in order to provide the best possible results. Our process includes:
- Surface Preparation: With all concrete coating applications, surface preparation is by far the most important part for long term durability and adhesion. Every floor is mechanically etched with a large diamond grinding machine that is attached to a vacuum system to reduce the amount of dust. This process is far superior than the acid etch that is recommended by inferior DYI systems. The mechanical etching removes the fine top layer of the concrete, latent oils, dirt and other products that could reduce adhesion capability. By doing so, this allows our proprietary Moisture Vapor Barrier epoxy to penetrate deep into the concrete and create a superior mechanical bond. After the grinding process is complete, the floor is thoroughly vacuumed to remove all dust and debris. At that point, pits and cracks are filled. Large cracks/pits and salt damaged areas will be discussed with the owner to address the best possible solution for repair.
- Base Coat Application: GFC always uses a proprietary Moisture Vapor Barrier epoxy base coat. This epoxy provides superior adhesion compared to other epoxies and polyaspartics/polyureas. This important step provides the security of no epoxy delamination from off gassing trough the concrete slab because of moisture vapors. All concrete has moisture emissions as it is natural for moisture to evaporate from the ground. Unlike our Moisture Vapor Barrier epoxy, polyaspartics/polyreuas have no moisture vapor emission resistance.
- Polymer Chip Broadcast: Although this particular step in the process looks easy, the art is for even and thorough distribution of the polymer chips. The chips are applied while the epoxy is still wet, allowing them to harden within the coating. They also provide texture and durability to the coating. Colors are picked by the owner from our standard in-stock selection or can be customized to any color blend imaginable. These floors are a 100% chip coverage, meaning the color comes from the chips not the epoxy base coat. For lower cost alternatives we do offer the partial chip flooring option. This uses a colored epoxy base, sparse chip broadcast and durable topcoat.
- Preparation for Clear Coat: Normally taking place on the second day to ensure adequate bonding time, we start prep for the clear coat. Excess chips will be picked up because we broadcast the chips approximately 25% more than needed. The floor is then scraped in 3 directions to remove partially attached chips. During this step, we are sure to clean up as much dust and chips from the driveway so you are not left with anything other than a beautiful floor.
- Application of Clear Coat: In our final application step, GFC utilizes a combination system. For all garages and exterior applications, we use a high solids polyaspartic top coat. Through our experience, we have found that this system is highly durable, scratch resistant, and UV stable (non-yellowing). Unlike some of our competitors that use epoxy top coats which are not UV resistant and will yellow/amber over time.
- Return to Service: Generally, our systems require a 2-day installation time. Some variations, including weather, can affect those times and will be discussed with the owner at the time of consultation. Typically, the day after the floor is completed, light foot traffic and items can be placed back in the job area. Garages require 2 days after to drive on them. The products may be dry, but they continue to cure and can be damaged. After full cure, the system is very durable, chemical resistant and slip resistant. Best of all completely hot tire resistant! Lifetime Residential Peeling Warranty!
If you’re looking for a stylish, extremely durable floor, vinyl flake is the best option!
Contact The Garage Floor Company in Omaha today for your free quote.