Garage Floors with Epoxy Coating
The Garage Floor Company in Omaha provides epoxy garage flooring solutions for residential and commercial customers. Compared to other flooring solutions, epoxy is an extremely durable and easy to clean product, making it a viable solution for your garage floor. It also gives your floor a better look as it enhances lighting and is resistant to stains. We stand by our work and guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the results.
Get the Perfect Look
No matter what style preference you may have, we offer a variety of several different colors and styles to give you the floor you’ve always wanted. The resins we use are the best on the market and have long-lasting durability with unique looks. We know you don’t want to wait long before you use your new garage floor, which is why most of our installations only take 1-2 days. The installation process is quick and the curing process is quick, so you’ll be able to use your floor in a matter of days.
Durable Garage Floor Solutions in Omaha
When you work with The Garage Floor Company, you’ll know you’re getting a quality floor that is extremely durable and will provide long-lasting results. Our Omaha area epoxy garage floors are also resistant to UV rays, so you won’t ever have to worry about fading or discoloration over time.
Your flooring options include:
- Chemical resistant urethane coatings
Enhance Your Floor with Decorative Flake
Vinyl Flake is one of our most popular and durable garage flooring options in Omaha. Installing a full broadcast decorative flake will give you the look you want and the durability for long-lasting results. The process involves using a high-build epoxy base coat, a full layer of decorative flake, followed by a clear sealing topcoat. Aside from durability, our Omaha epoxy garage flooring and vinyl flakes provide slip-resistance and is the thickest flooring option that we offer.
The installation of the new flooring in your garage is a six-step process. We follow these steps to ensure the best results:
- Prepare the Surface: In order for all concrete coatings to adhere properly and last for the long term, preparing the surface is critical. We mechanically etch the floor with a diamond grinding machine rather than acid etching. In order to reduce the dust generated by this procedure, there is a vacuum system attached to the grinder. When complete, the entire floor is vacuumed to remove any traces of debris and dust. This superior procedure removes dirt, oils, fine layers of concrete, and any other products that inhibit adhesion capability. Any cracks or pits in the floor are filled, and we work with the property owner to discuss the best solutions for large cracks or pits and areas that are salt damaged.
- Base Coat Application: The Garage Floor Company utilizes a proprietary Moisture Vapor Barrier epoxy base coat, which has superior adhesion properties compared to polyaspartics/polyureas and other epoxies. Completing this procedure ensures that the epoxy will not delaminate due to moisture vapors off gassing through the slab. Unlike other methods which do not have resistance to moisture, GFC’s Moisture Vapor Barrier base coat helps your floor resist the moisture coming from the ground.
- Polymer Chip Broadcast: Polymer chips are thoroughly and evenly distributed over the floor while the epoxy is still wet. This allows them to harden within the coating, providing texture and durability. GFC has standard colors in stock for the owner to choose from, or colors can be customized. The color on the floor comes from the polymer chips, not from the base coat of epoxy. If you are looking for a lower cost option, we offer a partial chip flooring option utilizing a colored epoxy base, a light chip broadcast, and a durable topcoat.
- Clear Coat Preparation: After allowing for adequate bonding time, on the second day the clear coat preparation is completed. Because we broadcast 25% more chips than needed, any excess polymer chips are picked up and the floor is scaped in three directions to remove any partially attached chips. We also remove any chips and dust from the driveway so your new floor is as beautiful as possible.
- Clear Coat Application: The final application step utilized by GFC is a combination system. A high solids polyaspartic top coat is used on exterior and garage applications to create a scratch resistant, very durable, and UV stable (non-yellowing). Most of our competitors do not use this system, and their top coats experience yellowing over time.
- Return to Service: Our installation usually requires only 2 days. This schedule could be affected by weather or unforeseen variations. This will all be discussed with the client during the initial consultation. Normally, within a day, items can be placed on the floor and some light foot traffic can take place on the area. For vehicle traffic, 2 days should elapse after job completion. The product will continue to cure, and could be damaged. After the surface is fully cured, the surface is resistant to chemicals, extremely durable, and slip resistant. It is even resistant to hot tires, and has a Lifetime Residential Peeling Warranty.
Our vinyl flake option provides you with an extremely stylish, durable floor.
Contact The Garage Floor Company in Omaha today for your free quote.